2.2

WE (my family) had Hughes install a dish and related hardware so we could receive top notch high speed internet. We were supposed to be capable of receiving 15gb and the most we ever received was less than 1 gig.

We first called to complain about the less than professional installation and was told they could nothing about it....after 4 months of not receiving what we were sold, we were told that we could not get out from under our 24 month commitment without paying for the remainder of the months and then would have to pay for the equipment because it was just being leased. After being told that we were getting the best that they had, I went ahead and disconnected the Hughes equipment and hired another company. After the commitment period was over, I called to disconnect the service and they could not understand why....They gave me and my wife (who made the call to disconnect) a very hard time and tried several times to talk us into trying a little longer.....NO WAY!!! I am now boxing up the Hughes equipment and taking the dish off the roof of my house and sending it all back to Hughes.

I STRONGLY do not recommend Hughes for any of their services.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to "partial re-imbursement" as the author lost $1700. davenellen is overall dissatisfied with Hughes Network Systems. The most disappointing about hughes network systems internet service at Hughes Network Systems was customer service and product Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Dish Network that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Hughes Network Systems.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Hughes Network Systems to other companies on our site.

Comments

davenellan: So I too am tired of the terrible almost non existent connection. However why would you continue to pay for the service for 20 months and not use them.

If I read this right you paid 2 companies at the same time. At the very least I would have kept downloading video files into an old computer like movies and such from Hughes Net. Even if it took a week to download them, you still would get something for your money.

I recommend to anyone thinking about signing up to Hughes Net to not do it.

They have very slow connection and limited download data per month.

We cannot even download a movie and You Tube videos in the same month. Signed KM, unhappy customer.

to Anonymous #1127194

Anonymous.....you are probably right that I should have utilized the service somehow....but it was so terribly frustrating, I didn't want to mess with it.....just terrible....thanks anyway